Content below the cut is not PG-13
Guest Author Carrie Pulkinen
To Catch a Spirit ~ Paranormal Romance
I’m happy to have author Carrie Pulkinen with us today.
1. Do you have children, a significant other, or pets?
Yes, I have two daughters, a husband, and three dogs.
2. What do you like to read? What kind music do you prefer?
I love reading romance, thrillers, and mysteries. As for music, I love classic rock and current rock. A little Top 40 is okay. My favorite band is Blue October.
3. Do you have a routine you follow daily?
Not really. I’m a bit scattered. I write when I can in-between kids, laundry, and vacuuming!
4. What prepared you for becoming a writer?
I have a degree in Media Studies, and I did a lot of writing in school. In my first job, I wrote marketing materials for a computer company. Then, I taught high school journalism and advised the yearbook. Also, my husband is super-supportive. He’s my biggest fan!
5. Where do you think you are in your writing career? Where do you want to be?
I still consider myself a bit of a newbie. I have three novels and a short story published with Breathless Press, but I feel like I still have a lot to learn. Where do I want to be? I’d love to have a best seller some day. That would make me oh, so happy!
6. What is your writing style? Why do you think your writing style is such as it is?
My writing style is very casual. I write the way I speak. I think it’s because of all the media writing I’ve done on the past.
7. How long have you been writing? Casually or academically? Professionally?
I’ve been writing for as long as I can remember. I wrote a column for my local newspaper when I was in 8th grade. My teachers always pushed me toward a writing-oriented career, but I pushed back. I was a bit rebellious, so I didn’t want to write because all the adults in my life thought I should. It wasn’t until I became an adult myself that I realized they were right. I started writing fiction in 2009.
8. Are you an independently published writer or a traditionally published writer?
I’m published with Breathless Press.
9. What do you write? (genre and sub-genre, target audience, and ebooks and/or hardcopies)
I write romance. It’s mostly paranormal, but I do have two contemporary short stories coming out this summer. Most of my work is in ebook format. To Catch a Spirit is available in paperback.
10. Do you have a fave character?
I really love Logan in To Catch a Spirit. I put a lot of myself into him, so it was therapeutic writing him.
11. Do any of your characters reflect anyone you know?
A lot of them do. I take bits and pieces of different people’s personalities and mold them together into a new person.
12. If you could meet one character from your writing, who would it be?
I would love to meet Ian from Reawakened. He’s a sexy, magical vampire.
13. If writing hadn’t been the path you chose, what do you think you’d be doing today?
I would be a stay at home mom (which I already am). It’s nice to have the release of creating new worlds and people, though.
14.Which one of your publications will you be sharing in the interview?
To Catch a Spirit
15. What do you think and feel about this publication?
This is my favorite book that I have written. It was the most fun to write, and I’m very happy with how it turned out.
15. How did you decide on the title?
Choosing a title was difficult for this one for some reason. I ended up getting a lot of input from my friends and beta readers before settling on To Catch a Spirit.
16. Are any of the scenes or storylines in your book real life experiences?
They are based on real life experiences. I love ghost hunting and have taken lessons in Reiki healing, so I was able to write those scenes based on experience, although they are purely fictional.
17. Is your book born purely of imagination?
It’s a mix of imagination and reality. As I said in the last question, I have experience in the paranormal aspects of the book, but the plot line and characters are all from my imagination.
Blurb: A psychic who’s afraid of ghosts and a millionaire with a haunted past and a hidden power find that only love can catch a spirit. With love, all things are possible—especially if you need to catch a Spirit.
Thank you for stopping in to visit today. Please visit for future guest author posts.
Looking for new ways to promote your book or are you wanting to add new authors to your reading list? BTS eMag has lots of options for both.
BTS Facebook Groups:
*Book Trailer Showcase Author News
*Sci-fi & Fantasy Authors & Readers
*Mystery & Thriller Authors & Readers
*Inspirational Writers & Readers
*Horror & Paranormal Authors & Readers
*YA Authors & YA Readers
*Sweet/Mainstream Romance & Historical Fiction Authors & Readers
*Erotica Authors & Readers Group